Sending a circular for signing to a group of stakeholders.
The following diagram illustrates the process of sending a document that should be signed by every signee separately. Each person signs and retains their own copy. The action of one signee does not effect another.
Signed copies of the document can be placed in the same folder as the original document. Alternatively, they can be automatically distributed to relevant folders associated with each signee.
The functionality is designed for circulars, standard operating procedures or terms of business which have to be signed by shareholders, employees and customers, respectively.
1. To start an e-signature transaction:
- click ‘New’ and then ‘Document upload and signing’
- or click the ‘E-signature’ button as shown on the picture below
2. Choose the file you want to send for signing
3. After the document has been uploaded, the setup process will automatically begin. On the next screen type in the email of the first signatory, optionally specify the welcome and thank you messages and pick the appropriate options. If you choose ‘SMS verification’ make sure you enter a mobile number in full international format. Click ‘Add New Signee’ when finished.
Note that if you defined a ‘Group’ in your contacts and you would like all members of the group to receive this document, simply type the name of the Group. We will import all its members automatically.
5. After you input all signees go to Advanced Options. The Advanced Options let you specify:
- Send individual copies to all members – make sure that this option is ticked.
- Notifications (do you want to get an email after someone signs)
- Automatic reminders
- Place signed document in each contacts folder rather than the same area as the document – if ticked, we will place a signed copy of the document in a folder associated with the signee. For this option to work, a. the signee needs to be present on your contact list and b. has to have an associated folder. You can create a contact and associate a folder with that contact by going to ‘Company Contacts’ from the main dashboard.
5. Click continue to view the document and scroll down to the signature page. You will notice that there is only one set of signature fields available on the right. This is because each signee will sign in the same place but on a separate copy of the document.
6. Drag and drop signature fields onto the right places. Please note that you define them just once since each signee is signing a separate document independently of other signees. Click ‘send document’ when done. The rests of the process is the same as if you triggered N independent signing transactions (where N is the number of signees). You can monitor progress of each of those transactions by going to the status page from the Dashboard