Sending a document for signing
The following diagram illustrates the process of sending a document that should be signed by every signee in a specific order. The sender (1) uploads a document and determines the order in which it should be signed. Once the sender ‘sends the document for signing’, Client 1 receives an email requesting the signature via a secure link. Once Client 1 signs, then Client 2 receives an email requesting a signature (and so on). Unless all signees sign the process does not complete. After the last person signs, all parties receive their copy of a fully signed document which bears all signatures.
2. Choose the file you want to send for signing
3. After the document has been uploaded, the setup process will automatically begin. On the next screen type in the email of the first signatory, optionally specify the welcome and thank you messages and pick the appropriate options. If you choose ‘SMS verification’ make sure you enter a mobile number in full international format. Click ‘Add New Signee’ when finished.
4. Repeat the process for all other signees. If you are one of them, click ‘add me’ to save time.
5. After you input all signees you can define Advanced Options or go straight to the document by pressing Continue. Let’s make a little detour and look at Advanced Options. The Advanced Options let you specify:
- Send individual copies to all members – if ticked, each signee will receive a separate copy to sign; if unticked, signees will sign the same document in order you define
- Notifications (do you want to get an email after someone signs)
- Automatic reminders
- Place signed document in each contacts folder rather than the same area as the document – if ticked, we will place a signed copy of the document in a folder associated with the signee. For this option to work, a. the signee needs to be present on your contact list and b. has to have an associated folder. You can create a contact and associate a folder with that contact by going to ‘Company Contacts’ from the main dashboard.
6. The final step in the process is to drag and drop signature fields and other fields you want your signees to fill. Use the arrows on the right hand side to specify the order in which the document should be signed. Resize the fields are required by grabbing a handle that appears in the bottom right corner of the field rectangle after you click on it. Click ‘Send document’ when done.
7. Return to your documents.
8. If you are the first signee on the list, you can sign the document without leaving your account. You can do it by going to the e-signature status page.
9. The status page has two sections: documents you can sign are on top and all other documents on the bottom (you can filter them using the pull down menu). If you were the first signee on the list, your document will appear on the top with a ‘sign now’ button. You can click it, place the signature, and submit the document. If you want to check the status of the document, find it on the bottom list and click ‘status’.
10. After everyone signs we will place a signed copy of the document in the same folder as the original document unless you ticked the ‘file in a folder associated with the signee’ option. We will also send an email to everyone involved with a download link and information how to access the file after the link expires.