GDPR will effect all companies which process or hold personal data of EU citizens. It becomes law on May 25th of 2018.
What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation – see Wikipedia.
The wording of the regulation can be accessed here.
How to comply?
12 steps to take now – see ICO’s article.
How does MyDocSafe help?
We have been designed with privacy in mind. Our encryption infrastructure allows you to
- take full control over where your data resides
- define locations from which it can be accessed
- keep your encryption keys separate from your data
We can help you meet additional client obligations
- right to erasure (forcing ‘hard delete’ of any personal data held about a user)
- data portability (data assembly and export in widely used digital formats)
- audit readiness (creating secure data rooms for audit)
To take advantage of these benefits you need to act now as some of your mission critical processes might have to change: from client and employee onboarding to document approval, storage and archiving.