Installing MyDocSafe for Outlook add-in adds a MyDocSafe button to the mail compose window in Microsoft Outlook. This add-in also works with Office 365 (if you install Microsoft Outlook onto your computer).
The button will appear above or next to the traditional “Send” button, and allows the user to:
Send documents for approval directly from Outlook
Publish documents in a user portal.
Send encrypted emails
MyDocSafe for Outlook software includes the following sending options:
email open tracking, proof of email delivery, encryption, electronic signature & contracting, large file transfer, PDF conversion, authentication, metadata cleaning, and more.
Select your system
New installation instructions
1. Determine your Outlook bit version:
Outlook 2013/2016: File > Office Account > About Outlook (listed at the end of the first line on the pop-up)
Outlook 2010: File > Help (listed on the first line below, “About Outlook”)
2. Download and run the correct version of the plugin using one of the buttons below:
Download the correct plugin and double click on its main folder
3. Connect the plugin with your MyDocSafe account
Click ‘New Email’
Compose an email with an attachment
Click MyDocSafe logo. A new window will open asking you to provide login information to MyDocSafe. Follow the instructions. When you see ‘0Auth2 access is granted’ message the connection is established and you can close the browser window. You should now see MyDocSafe logo in the main panel. If not, close and reopen Outlook.
4. Enable encrypted emails
Open MyDocSafe -> Company Settings -> Integrations -> Outlook -> Generate Token. Copy the Access Token that appears.
Click on MyDocSafe icon in Outlook, paste Access token and click “Save Access Token”
5. Tell us in which portal group you want MyDocSafe to publish documents and file signed documents
Open MyDocSafe -> Company Settings -> Integrations -> Outlook -> choose a Portal Group and default folders (if you do not have any, you should first create a Portal Group and Default Folders).
Click on the ‘Get Add-ins” button. If you can’t see that button that is probably because your Outlook has only one email account associated with it. Add any other account for the ‘Get Add-ins’ button to appear
2. Go to “My add-ins”, then Custom add-ins and Add an addin from URL
3. Enter the following URL in the dialogue box and click ‘ok’: https://mydocsafe.com/Outlook/WebAddIn/Publish/mydocsafe-outlook-web-add-in.xml
4. Install the plugin
You can now authenticate the connection with your MyDocSafe account.
Login to Outlook through one of the browsers we support (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, latest Edge)
2. Click on “+ New Message” button and then press “…” button which you will find below the message box. Then select “Get Add-ins”: